Getting Married in Looe
Looe is a great place to be hold a wedding ceremony and the East Looe Town Trust is proud to offer you the wonderful and historic setting of the New Guildhall, in the heart of the town, for your special day.
Civil Weddings / Partnerships
We are licensed to perform civil marriage/partnership ceremonies in the Council Chamber - situated within the Grade II listed New Guildhall, which was built in the 19th Century.
- A maximum of 75 guests can be accommodated in the Council Chamber.
- There are facilities available to use the venue for a reception after the ceremony but if table seating is required the number of guests will be restricted to approximately 40.
- Your own music can be used for the wedding ceremony.
- You can use your own flowers for decorating the tables etc.
- There are public car parks nearby.
- The Guildhall is a listed building and access to the council chamber is by stairs only without a stair lift.
- Confetti can be used outside the building, providing it is bio-degradable.
- The Registrar from Liskeard conducts the wedding ceremonies at East Looe Guildhall.
- The booking of the Registrar is your responsibility. We would recommend that you contact the Registrar as soon as possible to ensure that all the formalities are completed correctly and in good time for the wedding to take place.
- The Registrar will charge a separate fee for their attendance at the wedding ceremony.
- Contact Cornwall Registration Service on 0300 123 4181.
Wedding Ceremony only (approx 2 hours):
- Monday to Friday - £150.00
- Saturday - £250.00
- Sunday / Public holidays - £300.00
Wedding Ceremony and Reception – all day (with ½ hour break to re-arrange room)
- Monday to Friday - £300.00
- Saturday - £400.00
- Sunday / Public holidays - £500.00
- A damage and breakages deposit of £100.00 is payable in all cases.
For further information, or to view the Chamber, please telephone (01503) 263709.
See our links page for some complementary services available in Looe and the surrounding area.